COVID -19 UPDATE
Greetings UACT Family,
We are grateful for you - the amazing people who make up our UACT Family. During the past week we have been overwhelmed by the generosity and support of volunteers and patrons who have asked the questions, “How is UACT responding with COVID-19,” and “What can I do to help?” This letter is to inform you of what we know today and what you can do to continue supporting the arts moving forward.
1. Taking into consideration the CDC recommendation for social distancing and COVID-19, the UACT Board of Directors have decided to postpone the opening of MAMMA MIA until May 28. We feel this is the most socially responsible course of action we can take to ensure the safety of our community. We will be emailing all patrons and season ticket subscribers who purchased tickets for MAMMA MIA about transferring your tickets to the new dates May 28- June 21, 2020. We know that none of this is perfect or may not fit your schedule, but we will make every effort to find a performance date that works for you.
2. This will also mean that our final production of PUFFS is postponed and will more than likely be put into our 2020-2021 season.
3. As of today, MARY POPPINS is slated to remain on schedule, as planned.
Due to these changes, UACT will be financially impacted for the rest of the season (and we know we’re not alone). We ask for your support and patience in this challenging time as we maneuver through uncharted territories together.
So, what can you do?
1. We ask, if you can’t make it to the new performances of MAMMA MIA, that you consider donating the cost of your tickets back to UACT. We will see a significant financial impact from the cancellation of tickets and your donation can help lessen the blow. Your donations are always tax deductible.
2. Please be patient with us as we are receiving a high volume of calls and emails. UACT only has one employee, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
3. We also ask you to please make all communication through email and phone calls. We are closing the theatre doors to the public at this time.
We will keep you updated with our continued efforts to bring you quality live theatre in Douglas County. For now, stay safe and we hope to bring smiles to the faces of the Umpqua in the next coming months.